Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dancing Elijah

Ever since Elijah was a little baby he has not liked it when people sang around him. Dustin and I used to sing him to sleep on car trips or when he had a hard time falling asleep, so I think that he has always associated singing with goign to sleep. But recently that has all changed. He has turned into a singing and dancing maniac. He loves to sing in the car and when he is in the bath tub. He even sings along to songs that he recognizes when we are out shopping. He even has a headband that I bought for the baby that he calls his "bowtie," that he has to wear when he dances (that is the yellow bow around his neck in the videos.) One of his favorite songs to dance to right now is "Use Somebody" by the Kings of Leon, which is the song that he is dancing to in the video. His favorite songs to sing are "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star","I am Like a Star" and "Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam." He has such a pretty little voice. I love to hear him singing in his room while he is playing, or when he comes in the kitchen and sings and dances for us while we make dinner. Too cute!

5 comments:

Keena said...

What a dancing machine!! He is such a cutie!!

jasonandjodie said...

He sure can move - I love it! And so does Addie. She keeps asking me to play them over and over and she just laughs like it's the funniest thing she's ever seen!

AuntieErin said...

I like that you're already encouraging the booty shake- the classic move that can always be done when you run out of other ideas. He is totally ready for those awesome church dances!

Emily said...

There aren't enough words to describe the cuteness. I am pretty certain if you, me and Jodie put all of our little ones together, they would be the most talented, most adorable, best band ever. EVER!!!

Karen said...

Are there words to describe how cute he is? I like Emily's idea of getting you 3 girls together with your kids. Talk about entertainment!!!