Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Grandpa and the Icee

This past week Elijah and I stayed with my parents while Dustin went to Texas to visit his family. Elijah learned at a very young age that grandma, grandpa and Auntie Erin are softies and will get him just about anything he wants. And like any two and a half year old he knows how to take advantage of them. My Dad needed to run some errands one day while we were there visiting and he took Elijah with him for some Eli/Grandpa bonding time. They went to Home Depot and Elijah got to ride in the fun car shaped cart and then they went to Wal-Mart. I guess when they got to Wal-Mart, Elijah told Grandpa a few times, "I like Icees Tampa (this is what Elijah calls Grandpa)." So, of course Grandpa bought each of them a large Icee. This isn't really funny unless you know the back story about Elijah, Icees and myself. Almost everytime Eli and I go to Wal-Mart he and I share a medium Icee. Elijah is never overly happy about sharing the Icee with me, but he puts up with it because he has to. He does try his best every time though, to convince me that he needs to have his own "big" Icee. So I think it is hilarious that he took advantage of Tampa to get not only his own Icee but a large Icee at that.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Grandpas are the best!
Isn't it wonderful/terrible that kids already know how/who to work in order to get what they want. It amazes me all the time.

Dallin said...

We missed ya'll in Texas. Hope to see you, Eli, and baby at Christmas...