Thursday, June 24, 2010

Grandma and Grandpa Tuggle

Last week Elijah and I went down to my parents house for a week. I did not have my camera with me, so I don't have a lot of pictures from our week there, but Erin was able to email me these pictures from the park. Grandma, Grandpa and I took Eli to the playground at the school by their house. It was kind of fun because it is the school that I went to from 3rd grade to 5th grade. They certainly did not have such a fancy playground when I went there, they remodeled the jungle gym a few years ago and made it really nice. The whole jungle gym is connected by ramps instead of stairs, so Elijah had a great time running from slide to slide without any help getting up on tall stairs. It was funny because Elijah started calling himself Peter Pan and me Captain Hook while he was running on the jungle gym. I have no idea where that came from. He has only read Peter Pan once or twice. Kind of funny! Elijah had several firsts while we were there visiting. Grandma and Grandpa got Elijah his first tricycle. He loves it! It really is the coolest tricycle I have ever seen. It has a high handle that can attach to the back of it so that an adult can walk with the trike and steer it while the kid can still pedal it. Elijah and Grandpa went on lots of walks together using the trike. Elijah also had his first real ice cream cone. He has had ice cream in the little cup before, but Grandma and Grandpa bought him one of those little baby cones. I was worried that he would not know how to eat the cone, but he dove right in and did an awesome job. He did not even make a mess on his shirt or anything! Also Elijah decided to show us that he can count to 10! I asked him where he learned to count to 10 and he told me he learned from Sesame Street. Got to love PBS!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love the pictures. Playground pictures are always so much fun.

Way to go Eli for eating an ice cream cone without making a mess, very few adults can do the same thing. I think you are very gifted.