Saturday, August 18, 2012

Camping at Bay Shore Park

Dustin decided that we needed to go camping this weekend. So, we went camping at Bay Shore Park. Everyone had a great time.


Elijah and Emme took turns digging holes and throwing dirt around, while Gideon supervised

While Dustin and the kids went to pay for the site, Gideon and I started a fire. Dustin was way surprised and way impressed. I told him, just because I am an indoor girl who hates camping, does not mean that I don't know how to camp. And I only needed one match!

First time wearing sweatshirts this seaaon

Gideon knew he was adorable in his bear cub sweatshirt and he told me all about it! He made me giggle and giggle!

Gideon in his throne!
Chillin' by the fire

Dustin made us yummy food! We had hot dogs for dinner, s'mores for a treat and cheesy eggs for breakfast.

4 comments:

Andrew said...

I'm actually way impressed - I can't start a fire with one match. Well done.

I'm also jealous that y'all got to go camping. But not jealous that you've already busted out sweatshirts

Brian said...

Looks like a you guys had a great time. Very nice looking camping area.

Karen said...

I'm so glad everyone had a good time. And not surprised at all that it was chilly. Liz, I'm so proud of that fire. Good job. See, Girl's Camp did come in handy. All of the counseling we paid for concerning Girl's Camp was well worth it. Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Emily said...

That looks so fun! I am with you, just because I am not the outdoorsy type, doesn't mean that I don't know how to be!
I am very impressed with you building a fire with only one match, and a baby to boot. That is talent, my friend, pure, raw, talent.