Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Oneida Nation Pow Wow

This fourth of July weekend my parents came up and we went to a Pow Wow that was held on the reservation that is nearby our house. Tribes came from five states to participate in the Pow Wow. It was really neat to see all of the traditional costumes and to see all of the dancers. This weekend we also spent some time at the park, and we went and got ice cream cones. It was a nice relaxing weekend. My mom also made us a bunch of food to leave so that I don't have to worry about cooking for the next few weeks. AWESOME! I have not really felt like cooking at all for the last couple of weeks, except for quick fix things, so it is nice to have good food to eat again! LOL

1 comment:

Emily said...

What a great experience. I remember you guys telling us about when you were younger going with your dad to a Pow Wow. How wonderful to be able to carry on the tradition.

Oh, and I am so glad your mom came to make you food. The last few weeks are the most difficult. Good luck with anything, and enjoy the food!