Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Chubby Little Chipmunk

Embry had a doctor appointment on Monday to check her weight, because the doctor was concerned about how much weight she had lost. She was 8lb 11oz when she was born, and then she was 8lb 7oz when she left the hospital on Friday. On Sunday at her weight check she was 8lb 1oz, meaning she lost 10oz in 4 days. Luckily on Monday she had gained 2oz back. so she now weighs 8lb 3oz. She still has some pudgy cheeks despite her weight loss. I think she looks like a chubby little chipmunk. The bruising and swelling in her face has gone down considerably since she was born. I felt really bad for her with all the bruises she had on her face, so I am glad they have mostly gone away.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Oh my goodness, she is sooooo adorable!!!!! And the little outfit is cute too. Her face looks so much better. I have to remind myself that you looked very much like her (you weighed 8 lbs 13 oz) when you were born.

Dave said...

Wow - she is adorable. I am so proud of you and Dustin. You have a wonderful family. I am so happy to be a part of it. eli is so sweet, I know her would be the best big brother.

Emily said...

What a beautiful baby. I love the little dress! She is just a doll. How fun to dress up a little girl in so many fun outfits.
I hope that everyone is adjusting well, and you are able to get some rest.
We love you!

dancer said...

So sweet Liz! I am so happy for you and Dusty! I hope you are doing well. I have some presents to send your way.