Thursday, May 24, 2012

Daddy's Girl

Kids do amazing things everyday, and little kids change so much from one day to the next. It is sad but as a parent you get caught up in the everyday routine and a lot of times I think you don't acknowledge or notice as much as you should the great things that happen every day. Thankfully, there are moments that are so special they can not be ignored. Tonight I had one of those moments with Emme. Tonight Emme said "I love you" for the first time. For the last year or so she would respond to us saying "I love you" to her by blowing a kiss at us. But tonight she said it perfectly to her Daddy. Fantastic! It truly brought tears to my eyes it was so sweet. Dustin has been in Ohio for business the last four days and we have been in Illinois with my parents and sister. Emme has very much missed her Daddy. Emme is a huge Daddy's girl! Tonight reminded me of how sweet and sensitive Emme really is. Emme is a very feisty and opinionated little girl, and she knows exactly what she wants. I think that those traits often times overpower her sweetness. But when her sweet moments come out, oh, they are so sweet. We love our Emme!

1 comment:

auntieerin said...

Emme really is a big time Daddy's girl. I hope Dustin knows how much she missed him while he was in Ohio. Emme is such a sweetheart.