Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Love You Mama!

Every night before Elijah goes to bed I tell him that I love him. For the last month or so I have been trying to get him to say that he loves Dustin and I back. Elijah always just smiles and blows kisses back at us and says "No way!" when I ask him if he loves us too. On Mother's Day that all changed. When we put him to bed that night I told him that I loved him, and he said "love you mama." It was the best Mother's Day present that I could have received! I am very grateful that a little over two years ago I was blessed to become Elijah's mom!

3 comments:

Emily said...

What a wonderful Mother's day gift.
Happy Mother's day, Liz. You are a great mom.

Karen said...

What a precious Mother's Day present!!! You are lucky and will always be able to remember the 1st time Eli said those wonderful words to you.

Lily said...

I always loved this pic, one of my favorites