Sunday, March 16, 2014

Update on Gideon

Gideon had a check up doctors appointment on Thursday with his regular pediatrician. Thankfully, Gideon does not seem to have any negative side effects to the medicine. I have noticed over the past few days that overall Gideon seems to be doing better than he has in several months. I talked with Dr. Harder about some of the behavior I had noticed, and he said that more than likely Gideon has been having minor seizures for several weeks. Unfortunately, until the seizures got strong enough to be noticeable (Sunday) there was really no way of knowing that those were seizures/episodes that were occurring. Over the last several days on medicine, I have noticed that Gideon's mood has greatly improved. Also, he is talking! We always knew he could, he just never did. On Thursday alone he said three words to me that he had never said before. It is amazing how not having a head ache all of the time can change everything! Elijah told me the other day that he wasn't worried about Gideon anymore because he seems like his happy self again. I completely agree about the happy part, but as his mommy I have still been struggling with some serious worrying and anxiety. In three months we will go to the neurologist for a check on his medicine, liver and kidney functions and another EEG. 

No comments: