Monday, March 10, 2014

Daddy and Gideon

Sunday has been a rough day for our family. Gideon came into bed with Dustin and I around 3am and settled right between us and fell back asleep. A little before 6am, I woke up to Gideon having a seizure. Dustin and I assumed it was a fever related seizure like he had had in October. But just a few hours later, he had another seizure. I called the doctor and took Gideon in for blood work. The doctor called a few hours later with his test results and right after I got phone with him, Gideon had another seizure. They admitted Gideon into the pediatric unit around 2. In the next few hours he had another two seizures. That makes a total of 5 in about 12 hours. The doctor decided to keep Gideon admitted and to do an EEG so that the Neurologist would have more information about what was going on with Gideon. After the fifth seizure had been recorded on the EEG the neurologist gave Gideon a double dose of seizure controlling medication and a sleep aid/anti anxiety medication. Thankfully, Gideon has been peacefully sleeping for the last few hours. Unfortunately, it sounds like Gideon will need to stay in the hospital for three to four days, or longer depending on how long it takes for the seizure medications to regulate his little brain. Tomorrow morning we will meet with the neurologist and hopefully get some more answers. I will try to keep the blog updated with any new information. 

3 comments:

auntieerin said...

Okay, that is like the sweetest and saddest picture I have ever seen. I am so sorry you guys are going through this. Hopefully today you will get some answers and he will start doing better. I love you guys! Make sure you take care of yourselves too.

Megan C. said...

Lots of prayers for Gideon and all of you! I'm so sorry you are going through this!

Karen said...

Poor little man.