Tuesday, May 14, 2013

When I Was Your Man

Emme and I really like the Bruno Mars song "When I Was Your Man." The other day Emme was singing her little heart out to it and she stopped and said "this song is so sad mom." I asked her why she thought it was sad and this is what she told me: "mom you and daddy are each others. I don't want you to dance with another man! Daddy would be so sad if you didn't hold his hand or sleep in his bed." I reassured her that her daddy was the only man for me. She looked relieved and said " good, because he did buy you flowers for Mother's Day. So you should stay!"
It was pretty cute, but I don't expect anything less from my Emme.

3 comments:

Lily said...

Whatever shall we do when this wise 'old' woman grows up & out of her child body?....lol

auntieerin said...

Emme is such a deep thinker and she is so intelligent. She is amazing!

Karen said...

My goodness!! Emme is amazing. Her thoughts and understanding are beyond her years.