Sunday, January 29, 2012

First Day of Nursery

Today was Emme's first day of nursery. I was all prepared to have to stay in there with her today. But as soon as I took her in she didn't need me anymore. She walked right in and sat on the nursery leader's lap and started playing with everyone. So, I left and went to my class. The third hour of church the teacher brought her to me because she needed a diaper change. I took her and changed her and then asked her if she wanted to go back to nursery. Her response was "yeah, yeah." She ran all the back to nursery and went right back in without even saying bye to me. I have to say I was a little sad that she wasn't the least bit upset by me leaving her for the first time. But I am also glad that she is confident enough to be okay by herself. She is growing into such a big kid! Where did my little baby go? It is going to be very weird the next few weeks, to not have a kid with me through all of church. Makes me wish Gideon was coming a little bit sooner. LOL

1 comment:

Karen said...

Liz, You have to let yourself enjoy these next 3 months by yourself the second 2 hours of church. It will be 20 months before you experience it again. And you should pat yourself on the back that you have raised a self-confidant little girl who wants to go play because she knows you are coming back.