Sunday, January 22, 2012

Emme at 18 Months!

Emme turned 18 months today! Next week she will start nursery. She could have gone today, but mama wasn't quite ready. LOL Miss Embry is a funny little kid. She is extremely opinionated and she definately thinks that everyone needs to listen to what she has to say. She is never quiet, her normal voice is kind of a yell. She tries to "mother," and take care of Elijah all the time. Most of the time he lets her. Her favorite thing to say right now is "oh, yeah." Both in an excited "oh, yeah!" way and in the "oh, yeah" I remember now, kind of way. She LOVES to eat, and will eat anything you put in front of her. She lets you know what she likes by yelling "YUMMY!" She loves to dance and will insist on watching music videos every night when Daddy comes home. She also loves to sing and will sing by herself or along with anyone or anything willing to sing with her. She loves dog-dogs, especially her My Pal Violet dog that she got for Christmas. Emme has been sleeping in her big girl bed for a few weeks now, and we haven't had any problems. She really likes feeling like a big girl. Overall, Emme is an extremely happy kid, and she makes all of us laugh all the time. She is definately a goober, and we are very blessed to have her as a part of our family.

4 comments:

auntieerin said...

You have such beautiful kids. I mean, we haven't seen Gideon yet, but even if he takes after Dustin, I guess his chances are pretty good. Even if he is less fortunate looking, we can always teach him to at least be awesome! Haha! (Dustin-you know I am kidding!)
Eli and Emme look so grown up in these pictures. Emme especially amazes me with how much she has grown just in the past 6 months. She is such a fun little girl! Honestly, she is such a sweetie, but she has a temper that can turn on you in a second. She is small but she is a force to be reckoned with. Like Elijah, Emme is just a good kid. She is happy and healthy. There is never a dull moment with Emme and I love that about her.

Karen said...

Emme I can't believe you are 18 months old. You have become such a big girl. You look so beautiful in your dress, and your brother is pretty handsome too. All the talking you are doing, just in the month since Christmas, is amazing. And sleeping in a big girl is a very big deal. You are a truly amazing girl. Love you.

Andrew said...

I know the post was about Emme, but I just wanted to point out that Eli looks like a Mac-Daddy with that sweet sweater-vest.

Also that we're super excited for your baby to be just 3 or 4 months older than our baby

Liz said...

Andrew- Yes, I do have to admit that Elijah is a great dresser. The funny thing is that he totally knows it. He picks all of his clothes at the store, and then he picks out what he wears everyday! It is funny, I will be getting him dressed for church and I will tell him how handsome he is looking and he will say "I am not handsome yet mom, I still need my tie on and my shoes to make my outfit complete." What a goober! Gideon will have quite the wardrobe to grow into! LOL