Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Embry

A few weekends ago, I had an interesting experience at Quiznos with Emme. It really is a very funny story, but also kind of sad for Emme. We had ordered our food and Emme and I were sitting at the table waiting while Dustin and Eli got everyone's drinks. So these two young college guys came into the restaurant and were waiting to order. One of them looks back at our table and stares at Emme in her car seat. The proud mama that I am I expect him to smile at her, like what a cute kid, and then look away. Instead he turns to his friend and says "dude, that little baby looks pissed." His friend turns around looks at Emme and says with a chuckle "yeah, she does." Then they both finally notice me sitting there and realize that I heard them talking about my baby, and they immediately looked at their shoes and turned around! I realize that I probably should have felt angry, but instead when I looked over at her, I realized that she did looked extremely angry! The sad thing is that I know that she wasn't really upset, in fact she was very peacefully sleeping! My poor scowly baby, I guess we need to teach her to smile more!

6 comments:

jasonandjodie said...

That's so funny! And that was totally our little Addie. It wasn't until recently that her normal face was kind of a scowl. We knew she wasn't upset, but people would comment. So funny. Emme sure is a cutie!

Lily said...

She must have a lot of Coffman in her so she's very serious, stern and hard working like her Pop Pop.....lol

auntieerin said...

She just has the Tuggle scowl, that's all. It can be a very powerful tool of intimidation (not that I would know that from experience or anything) :) Remember that kid and his cotton candy- haha good times! Emme can look pissed and be cute at the same time. I'm sure that's what those guys meant to say.

Emily said...

I am so glad that Jodie commented before I do. I was going to say that it reminds me of Addie, of course, Addie is adorable, but I remember her cute little scowls. It really is quite cute.

Really funny about the two guys though, I guess they will try to talk a little more quietly next time.

Karen said...

This is too funny. What poor Liz sees as a not so good thing, can't be too bad 'cause family members are claiming to have seen it before. So that somber expression must be a good thing. I wish my Dad was here, he'd tell us where that look came from.

Liz said...

Yeah, I think even though Emme got alot of her good looking traits from Dustin, she definately takes after me with her mean face. I have a picture of Grandpa Dexter holding me in my blessing dress and I am scowling just like Emme does. Hopefully Emme will grow out of this phase, I still get told that I have a mean face, I guess that I must take after my mom. LOL