Monday, January 6, 2014

Bizarre Foods and Deep Thoughts

Elijah loves the show Bizarre Foods on the travel channel. He and Emme sit there and freak out about everything that the host Andrew eats. We were watching a particularly gross episode where Andrew was eating some kind of animal brain. I noticed that Elijah was watching with a very serious look on his face. I asked him if he was okay or if he needed for me to change the channel. He told me "Mom, I don't think I could eat an animal's brain. I mean, that is where their thoughts and feelings are. That is their mind. That is what helps make them alive and who they are."
Elijah's sunday school teacher stopped me yesterday and told me that she loves having Elijah in her class. She said that she can tell that he has a very old soul in his tiny little 5 year old body. Apparently, he participates a lot in class and she said that she is always amazed by his answers.
Elijah never ceases to amaze me with the things that he says and with the stuff that he thinks about.

3 comments:

Emily said...

What a precious boy!
I love the way his mind thought out the whole eating brains thing. Very clever indeed.

Karen said...

Elijah you are amazing! I can't believe how grown up your thoughts are. Most adults wouldn't have gotten past, "EEEWWW how gross". But you put real thought into why you wouldn't want to eat an animal's brain.

auntieerin said...

I totally agree with him. But wow, if this isn't something Liz would have said at his age...