Monday, December 5, 2011

Grateful

This morning Emme was especially grouchy before breakfast. She is like her mommy, and she needs time to wake up (about 45 minutes) and either milk or breakfast in her tummy before she is ready to be around people. And I am ashamed to say that I had definately had enough by the time I put them both in the bath at 9. But once I got her in the tub and I was watching her play, I realized that I really do have it easy. I have great kids! They both are so happy and healthy. They both are goofy and quite ridiculous at times, but they are perfect for us and our family. And really when they are grouchy it is for a good reason, and it is easily fixed either with food, a snuggle or a long nap, often for both mom and the kids. LOL I realized that I have everything that I have ever or could ever want. I have a great husband that is an amazing Dad to our kids and who really does take care of me. He makes us all feel loved everyday. I am grateful has a great job that provides everything that we need and which allows me to stay home. We have been blessed with another baby, which we didn't necessarily know we wanted and needed, but has already blessed our family immensely. This pregnancy has been my easiest yet, and it has been a joyous thing from the moment it happened. Which has been an especially great and healing thing for me. Both Dustin and I have great families. My kids have two amazing sets of grandparents! I love that my kids have so many people and relatives that they know love them. Elijah and I play a game in the car sometimes, and I will ask him who loves him. And I love hearing the answers he gives. They range from his nursery teachers, to my parents dogs, to his Great Aunts and Uncles to his cousins. There is no greater feeling in the whole world than feeling loved, and I am so glad that my kids get to feel that so overwhelmingly. I think that feeling has greatly influenced them and the confidence they feel in themselves and in the world around them.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'm so glad you take the time every once in a while to count your blessings, so to speak. I think I was too busy and too ungrateful to do that very often, so I'm glad you take the time. I'm so glad you have all the wonderful things and people in your life. I wouldn't want any less for you. I love you.