Friday, October 28, 2011

Big Brother Elijah

Elijah has been very excited the last few months because he found out that he is going to be a big brother again in April. Elijah has decided that the baby is going to be a boy. He does say though that "even though he wants a boy, he will be happy with whatever Heavenly Father gives him, even if it is another Emme." He even knows what the baby's name will be whether it is a boy or a girl. Everyday he asks me if today is the day that I am going to push the baby out. I told him a few weeks ago that the baby was too small and that it needed to grow some more in mommy's tummy before it could come out. I told him the baby was only about the size of his hand. He got a huge grin on his face, cupped his hands together and said "oh mom, push the baby out now, I will carry it around and take care of it for you. I will take care of it just like I take care of Emme." It was so cute. Elijah loves to come to the doctor with me so that he can hear HIS baby's heartbeat. Dustin and I are both very excited that Elijah is excited. Elijah acted very similiar when I was pregnant with Emme, and they get along great, so we are hoping that this baby and Elijah will have the same relationship. He is funny though, this time around he has been more curious about how that baby managed to get into mommy's tummy. He told me the other day that he thinks Daddy put that baby in my tummy, and that daddy will help me get it out by holding my hand at the hospital. Too funny!

4 comments:

Emily said...

That is so exciting! The family is just growing and growing!
I can't wait to find out what it is!

I am glad that Eli is excited about another sibling, he makes a perfect oldest child!

jasonandjodie said...

Congrats guys! That is so exciting! And that little boy is so cute! Sounds like some of the conversations I've had with Addie about when the baby will come.

Karen said...

Elijah, you are such a sweet big brother and so williing to help your Mama. Grandma loves you.

auntieerin said...

Eli is such a sweetie! I love hearing him talk about his baby. He is too smart for his own good. The way he thinks about things is amazing. I like this picture. Emme looks like she is up to no good! The two of them together are so funny! There's always something entertaining happening at your house!