Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

I am grateful to be a mom. I am so thankful for Elijah and the joy and purpose he has brought to my life. He is a great kid and a good boy. I love my Emme, and the silliness and happiness she has brought to our family. The greatest compliment that I have received, or can ever receive, has been when people have complimented my on the behavior of my kids. I am grateful to have happy and confident kids. I am grateful for my mom and the happy childhood that she gave me. I am grateful for the example that she set for me and for the unselfish way she raised me. I am so thankful for every sacrifice she and my dad made for Erin and I. I have always appreciated it, but since becoming a mom myself, I can better understand all that their sacrifices encompassed. I am so glad that my mom is only a phone call away, and that she gives me advice without judging me. I am grateful for my mother-in-law Miss Lily. I am grateful for the way she raised her son, and the example that she set for him.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Liz, you are the greatest Mom I have ever seen. If I played any role in making you the person you are, then I am grateful.

Emily said...

Happy Mother's day!

I hope you had a great day. You are definintely an example to me, and I love you.

auntieerin said...

You are an awesome mom. You can always tell what kind of a parent someone is by watching their children, and Eli and Emme are the greatest kids. They are so well behaved that other mothers must look at you and think- geez, I hate that chick.