Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day

Alright, so I hate Valentine's Day. I think it is the stupidest holiday ever thought up by the card and candy companies. I have never liked the balloons, stuffed animals and the candy and lets face it, pink and red really do look horrible together. I have never thought that I needed a holiday to remind me that I needed to show the people I love that I love them. But, I think this year that I maybe did need a shot in the bum from cupid's arrow to remind me that I have a great husband and great kids. I am grateful that Dustin is the great guy that he is. He is a great dad, and Elijah and Emme adore him. He has a great job that he is successful at, and he provides everything that we need and some of the things that we want ;) LOL. I am glad that he does listen to me "some of the time" when I talk to him about random things. He can always make me laugh even when I am very grouchy and sometimes mean! And overall I am very glad and grateful that he is my valentine. I am glad that I have two great kids. It was fun to watch Elijah enjoy Valentine's Day. He loves candy and cards and flowers enough for both he and I.

2 comments:

Karen said...

There is one very important thing about Valentine's Day and that is that it it your birthday. Happy Birthday my sweet girl. It's good to take the time to reflect on the good things and the wonderful people you have in your life.

auntieerin said...

Happy Birthday Fef! I love you!