Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Grateful

Sometimes I have days when everything is rough and my schedule is off and the kids routine is ruined and nothing is going right. But thankfully these days are few and far between. But, I am grateful for these days because they remind me of how easy I really do have it, and how great my kids are. I am so grateful for Elijah. He has a kind and sweet heart. He is a happy and confident kid and he is very sure of himself. I am grateful for how funny he is, and the hilarious things that he says. I am grateful for the simple and beautiful way he sees the world. And even though he is almost three years old, he is still my baby. I am grateful that he and Emme adore each other and that he loves to help take care of her. I am grateful for Emme and how easy going she is. She is a good example for me, and she reminds to be calm and more "go with the flow". I love that she is very tolerant of her brother and even her daddy sometimes and the "loves and squeezes" that they give her. I am very grateful for her smile and how often she shares is with me. What a gift my kids are! I love every day with them, even the not so great ones.

2 comments:

Emily said...

What a great attitude! Not only the gratitude, but the ability to learn from your kids! That is fabulous.

Karen said...

I haven't been able to read thru this yet without crying so I can say things to you without blubbering. I want to tell you what a wonderful Mom you are. Also, you amaze me that you have very young children and have the wisdom that you do concerning them. I love you, my wonderful daughter.