Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Happy 1st Birthday Gideon!


One year ago today this little guy joined our family. Gideon has been a huge blessing to our family. Gideon has always had a very sweet personality. He is a deep thinker and he very often has his little eyebrows crinkled together while watching everything that is going around him. Gideon is still a very easy kid. He loves sharing a room with his best friend "Lijah." Gideon loves everything about his brother and is content to just be near Elijah. Emme and Gideon have decided that the other one is pretty fun to play and wrestle with. It is hilarious to watch them because they weigh the same amount, but Gideon is much more willing to throw his weight around. Gideon says "Mama, Dada and Lijah." He walks well holding onto things and people. He especially loves when Elijah helps him walk like a big boy. He has taken a few steps on his own, but he still considers crawling the faster option for getting where he wants to go. He has been able to go up stairs for a little while now, but has just recently learned how to go down feet first instead of head first. Gideon is still quite the climber and has gotten some pretty good booboos because of it. He has a very silly obsession with shoes and the dishwasher. He also loves the hair dryer and is very content to play with it so that mom can shower by herself. We are very grateful for Gideon. He has been the greatest surprise of my life and will always be my sunshine. Gideon has taught me that Heavenly Father really does know what we need, even if we don't want to need it, and that He always wants us to be happy. I am forever grateful that every time I look at Gideon I think of my Grandpa Dexter, who I love very much and who I know is watching over me and all of my kids.  Happy birthday Gideon! We love you so very much! 

3 comments:

auntieerin said...

I can't believe it has been a year already. Crazy! When you can get Gideon away from his Mama, he is a lot of fun. He has the cutest little laugh and he smiles all the time. He likes to fake cry when I hold him and then smile at me over Liz's shoulder after I hand him over. I am predicting that he is going to be the daredevil in the family. He is completely fearless! He is awesome. I am very blessed to be his auntie.

Emily said...

What a cutie! What a joy to have in your family!

Karen said...

Gideon truly is a blessing. I'm so grateful he is in our lives. I do think he is going to be your rough and tumble kid. He does love to conquer anything he thinks is bigger than him. And he looks adorable while he's conquering.