Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Emme's Broken Ankle


Sunday morning I was putting Emme down off of my bed, and I thought that I felt her feet hit the ground, so I let go of her. Well, she hadn't touched the ground and she fell very awkwardly to the ground. Dustin and I both heard the most horrible popping sound, and we both knew it was not good. Monday, Dustin took her to the doctor and Emme had an x-ray taken. The pediatrician looked at it and thought there was no break, but he had the Orthopedic Doctor look at the x-ray this morning, and there was in fact a fracture. The fracture goes straight up her Tibia from her ankle. So, Emme got a fabulous hip high pink cast put on this afternoon. Emme is taking everything much better than Dustin and I. I cry everytime I look at her for too long, I mean seriously, I dropped her off of the bed. Talk about mom of the year! Thankfully, she has forgiven me. She would not let me take her to the doctor yesterday or today and insisted Daddy take her. She is very much a Daddy's girl and she used her charms on him both days to get an icee and a toy after the doctor. Emme has a follow up appointment in 3 weeks and the Orthopedist will decide then if the cast can be removed. 



3 comments:

auntieerin said...

Wow, that is quite the cast! Did the doctor say why he took it up so high? Of course you cry if you look at her too long? Who's heart wouldn't break to see this huge cast on a tiny little girl? Liz, don't be so hard on yourself. Accidents happen and everyone, including Emme, knows what a great mom you are and that you would never hurt one of your kids intentionally. You know Emme always uses her charms to get what she wants, why would now be any different? Who could resist those big blue eyes? Especially when she looks sad? She's not even 3 and she already knows how to manipulate a situation to her benefit. She's got a bright future ahead of her! Haha! I couldn't be more proud! Give Emme a hug from me. And then ask Dustin to give you a hug from me too. I can tell you need one. I love you Fef!

Emily said...

What a cute girl, even with the cast.
She looks all smiles, so I am sure she is loving it!

Poor Liz. Like Erin said, don't be too hard on yourself. You are awesome, and accidents happen. Besides, it shows in your actions and your reactions what a great mom you are!

Karen said...

I agree with both Erin and Emily. You are such a good mom. When I was there last week Emme said to me, "My mama is awesome." No more needs to be said.

Emme looks pretty OK with the cast. I hope she will continue to be easy going with the whole thing. My poor little baby girl.