Thursday, September 13, 2012

Happy Day Elijah

This week Emme has had a time with Elijah leaving for school. Everyday when he gets on the bus, right after the door close, she turns to me and says "I miss Lijah already. Miss him lots mama." It is quite pathetic and sad. So. I decided that Miss Emmers and I needed to do something fun while Elijah was gone. We decided to make a funfetti cake with white chocolate raspberry frosting.  Emme was very excited!
 
 
 
Any time Emme feels happy or excited she says "happy day, happy day!" This cake she called "Lijah's happy day, happy day cake."
 
Emme was excited for the purple frosting
 
Emme decorated the cake with sprinkles
Elijah loved the cake, and even allowed Emme to sing her "happy day" song to him before he ate it. He thanked Emme over and over for making him a yummy cake. To which Emme replied "No problem!"

1 comment:

Karen said...

I know Emme is having a hard time with Elijah being gone in the mornings. It's so nice that you and Emme are doing things together. She has never had time alone with you. I know Gideon is there, but he's still little. Anyway, I'm babbling, but it warms my heart.