Monday, September 10, 2012

Adventures in Bus Riding Part 2

Getting Elijah off the bus this afternoon was a chaotic continuation of this morning. Emme, Gideon and I got to the bus stop about 5 minutes earlier than the time the mailer had listed as Elijah's drop off time. We all got excited when about a minute later a school bus pulled up in front of us and stopped. I went to the door expecting so see Elijah. Instead, the bus driver asked me if I had a child in the 4K at the Early Learning Center. I told her that I did and then I told her Elijah's name. She then told me that she didn't have our address or Elijah's name on her route list. So of course I started to freak out and immediately asked her if Elijah was on her bus, and she told me that he wasn't. I asked her what that meant, and where poor Elijah was. She informed me that I obviously had him. Then I got mad and told her there was no way that I had him, he was at school. She goes, "oh, you are picking him up from school? This is the afternoon pick-up bus." Jeez lady! Give me a heart attack why don't ya! Finally she drove away and thankfully a few minutes later Elijah's bus came, on the other side of the street of course. While I was manuevering the stroller and Emme across the street Elijah's bus driver thought it necessary to open her window and loudly inform me that she would be dropping him off on that side of the street and that I was on the wrong side! Really!? The morning bus driver had informed me that they only pick-up and drop off of the side of the street that I was patiently waiting on! Seriously, if Elijah wasn't so excited to ride the bus, I think for my own sanity I would drive him everyday!

2 comments:

Andrew said...

We're excited to hear what happens today!

Karen said...

Liz now you know what every Mom goes through every year the first week or so of school, especially when the kids are in different schools. Gotta love it.