Monday, September 10, 2012

Adventures in Bus Riding

Last week I drove Elijah to and from school. Part of the reason for that was because I never recieved his busing information, and partly because I wasn't ready for him to ride the bus yet. Saturday we finally recieved his busing information in the mail, so today he gets to ride the bus. So far we are off to a somewhat embarrassing start.
The mailer said that the bus would pick Elijah up at the end of our sreet at 8:30. So, being the worrier that I am I had us outside ready to walk down to the bus stop at 8:23. When we walked out of the garage the bus was passing our street. So, I yelled "run Elijah, run!" And he did! LOL Thankfully, the bus driver saw Elijah and quickly slammed on the brakes. Elijah ran his little heart out while I ran with poor Gideon shaking on my hip, spitting up all over me and Emme dragging behind me. We made it to the road and I saw a city bus coming, and I yelled to Elijah to stop. The city bus stopped and waved us in front of him, so then I yelled to Elijah to keep running. He ran all the way to the bus and started to get on. But, I wasn't sure it was the right bus so I got a little worried because she started to close the door. I caught the door and was like "is this the 4K bus to the Early Learning Center?" Thankfully it was the right bus. I told Elijah bye and kissed him and when he turned around to climb the stairs again there were four little girls at the top waiting for him. He made it up, and they were all like "Hi Elijah, sit here by me." Too funny! The door closed and the bus left, and I realized that this whole time the city bus had been waiting for us. I quickly waved to him to not wait for us, and as he drove by everyone on the bus was staring and smiling at us. How embarrassing! Hopefully tomorrow we will do better!

5 comments:

jasonandjodie said...

That's awesome Liz! Just picturing it made me smile - I feel like that's how I look everytime I leave the house! I hope it works well for him and you.

Andrew said...

Eli is already a macdaddy with the ladies!

Dusty said...

Andrew--he's my son, so it should be expected! ;)

auntieerin said...

Liz, you are so awesome! At least you didn't have far to walk/run, you know? I'm sure the people on the bus were smiling all day about that cute little blonde boy trying to get to his bus. They were probably disappointed that the next day wasn't as exciting. I am glad that Elijah likes the bus and wants to ride it. Enjoy that while it lasts! Haha!

Karen said...

That is sooooooo funny!!