Monday, December 2, 2013

Sick Little Emmers

I took Emme to the doctor today because she woke up with a cough this morning that worried Dustin and I.  Poor Emme! She has a severe double ear infection and congestion in her chest that has settled in her lungs. The doctor is treating her with antibiotics for Whooping Cough.  They are going to run a test, and if it is positive we will all be quarantined for a day or two and put on antibiotics. Fun! Emme also got an inhaler to help with the wheezing in her lungs. More than likely she will need this throughout the Fall and Winter. The doctor said to expect no more than a 50% improvement in the next 5 days, and a full recovery no sooner than 10 to 14 days. I think the craziest thing is that Emme didn't even act sick until yesterday morning. I feel like she got really sick really fast. Hopefully, no one else will get sick and Emme will get better quickly.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Poor Emme. I wish I were there so Emme and Grandma could cuddle up together. I'm so sorry she's so sick. Good thing you took her to the dr. this morning. How in the world did she get Whooping Cough? I thought the kids were vaccinated. I digress, I hope you feel better soon Emme.