Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sweet Moments

Emme called Elijah by his name yesterday! She calls him Eli-ah. It was so cute to hear her little voice trying to really talk to her big brother. I am so grateful that my kids get along. I feel like you can truly tell that they love each other and want to make the other one happy, most of the time. Now that Emme is getting older, we have had to start disciplining her occassionally. The main thing that she gets in trouble for is biting. When Elijah is being too rough with her, or she feels like he is not being nice, she will bite him (hard) on his arms or legs (sometimes his butt). Until recently when I got after her she didn't seem to care about or understand what I was saying to her, or why Elijah was upset. But the other day, she bit Elijah and he started crying. I made her stand up and I explained to her why Elijah was sad and then I told her to hug her brother. She teared up and gave him the biggest hug I have ever seen. Then she talked very quietly to him like she was trying to soothe him. Elijah hugged her back and told her "I love you Emme Ems, but you can't bite me. It hurts real bad." It was very precious. Sweet moments like these help make the bad days seem not so bad. They make me remember that even when my kids have grouchy days, that it just a moment (or phase) and that it will pass.

2 comments:

jasonandjodie said...

How cute! I love seeing these young kids interact with one another. I know Andres has learned a lot from his sister and it is so fun to watch.

Dave said...

The two of them make being a Grandparent the best job ever! I miss you all!