Thursday, March 22, 2012

Little Miss Chatty Pants!

Over the last few months, Dustin and I had started to get a little worried that Emme was not talking as much as Elijah did at the same age. I had heard that the first child always talks faster than the others, but it still bothered me. But thankfully, over the last two weeks or so Emme has become quite the chatty pants. All of a sudden she can say almost thirty words. I think she has been able to do it for a while now, and she was just choosing not to. LOL It is funny though because everything she says has a "b" sound as the first letter and it is all drenched in the somewhat nasal WI accent (Dustin is thrilled she sounds like me ;). She says "bo" for no and "bop" for stop and "banks you" for thank you. There are a few words that she says perfectly though, they are Target (her favorite store) and Rio (her favorite movie.) I love hearing her and Elijah have little conversations now. Elijah goes in and gets Emme from her bed every morning, and it is so funny to hear them talking to each other over the baby monitor. They really are sweet to each other 85% of the time! LOL It really seems like in the last month or so Emme changed from my little baby to a miniature toddler. She has become very independent. She wants to put her own shoes on and take them off herself. She insists on helping pick out her clothes and Elijah's and helping to put them on both herself and Elijah (he does not like her help with this). I think she is going to be a great big sister to Gideon, even though I don't think she understands that he is really coming.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Okay, so Dustin pointed out that Emme has dried snot and boogers all over her face. Sorry about that! I didn't even notice. She has been stuffy and snotty for almost a week now. Thank you teething! LOL

auntieerin said...

You can't even see the boogers! I think she looks adorable. I love the first picture- she has major additude!I swear she gets prettier everyday. I love that she is talking more now and that I can actually understand what she is saying most of the time (possibly due to the same Wisconsin accent you have,only not nearly as bad). Elijah of course is a very good interpreter,but it is nice to know that Emme can talk when she wants to.

jasonandjodie said...

so fun when they all of a sudden have a voice! she sounds like a cutie - we need to get together!