Saturday, March 10, 2012

Grateful for Family

This week has been a good one for the kids and I. I was reminded once again how great my kids are! We went down to Illinois to visit my family for almost a week. I am so grateful that my kids are so good in the car. Seriously, the thought of being almost nine months pregnant and stuck in the car for 3 hours with a 4 year old and a potty training 19 month old, is very terrifying! LOL But they were both great on both the there and back trips. No stops, no tantrums and best yet no bickering between themselves. We jammed to the ipod! I love hearing both of them sing, especially Elijah because he really does know the words to the songs! I am grateful that my parents are awesome grandparents and that Erin is the best Auntie "N" ever! My kids have no problem adjusting to my parents house. They are totally comfortable and confident there. This visit both of them even slept in a room by themselves. They were both fine with me not being in there with them, it was a little hard on me. LOL Emme kept on with the potty training and everything! Overall, I am grateful it was a good visit. I am grateful for the kids and the family that I have.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I can't express how wonderful it is to be so close. We have to take advantage of it because I know it won't always be the case. You have such good and smart kids, and of course their Momma is pretty alright too. Love you.

Emily said...

That is so great! Your kids are amazing!