Thursday, June 9, 2011

Imaginext Space Shuttle

Elijah is a very spoiled little boy (thankfully he is not bratty about it). He has learned that if he asks for something little, nice enough, he is more than likely going to get it. Unfortunately, the Imaginext toys that he has gotten into lately are a little expensive. Especially once you get into the big Imaginext toys. Dustin and I have been trying to teach Elijah that money is not always unlimited. So, Elijah has been saving his "moneys" for the last few weeks to buy the Imaginext Space Shuttle Station. We knew is was unrealistic to expect him to earn all the money himself, so once he saved up $11, we covered the rest. We went to Target today and he was able to buy it. In the car on the way, he was singing "I get to go to Target and get my awesome, awesome space shuttle. Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!" He also suffered a little bit of back seat driver road rage when a lady turned in front of us into the parking lot. He yelled "hey you lady, you better not buy all the Imaginext stuff. I got my moneys with me today." Then he told me to drive faster so we could get there before they sold all of them. What a goober!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations Elijah! I'm so glad you got your space station!! I can't wait to play with it with you.

auntieerin said...

Wow Elijah! That really is an awesome awesome space station! I am so proud of you for saving up all of your moneys for it. And, I'm glad you made it to the Imaginext toys before that mean lady did. She probably would have tried to buy all the stuff they had. Good job. Your mom is pretty awesome awesome too.

Emily said...

What a cute kid, and what a great idea.

Lily said...

I never tire of looking at that great smile!

Dave said...

Grandpa had a great time playing Imaginext Space Station and Casles and Dragons with you last week. You were very nice to share with me. I really enjoyed reading and playing with Emmy. She gives the best hug!!!