Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bear Lake, Utah

We are so grateful that Uncle Kirk and Aunt Heidi invited us to visit with them and many other members of the Dexter family at their house in Utah. Elijah and Dustin had both never met any of the members of my Mom's side of the family. It was really great to see Elijah meet his Great Grandma Dexter who has showered him with beautiful hand made gifts for the last 18 months. I was glad too that Dustin was also able to meet some of the cousins that I tell him stories about from when we were little. Everyone welcomed Dustin and Elijah with open arms and love, Dustin fit right in with the family. He even enjoyed the Dexter sense of humor! LOL We all had a great time in Utah and I will cherish the memories we made for all the years to come.

3 comments:

Brian said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Eli is growing so fast....

Emily said...

I am so sad I missed it! I hear that all the little kids were so cute, and all got along. I sure miss you and hope to meet Dustin and little Eli soon.

Karen said...

It meant the world to me to have you with us. I'm so glad that both Eli and Dustin got to meet Eli's great-grandma Dexter as well as some of the other great relatives on the Dexter side of the family. The trip will be one we will all remember, I think.