Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Elijah

Two years ago today at 6:36 in the morning, Dustin and I were blessed to welcome Elijah Scott Coffman to our family. It is hard to believe that two years ago Elijah was such a tiny helpless little guy, far from the loud and always on the move little man we know today. Elijah now puts together short sentences and overall he knows and says alot more words than he did last month. His favorites things to say are "yeah. Mom," and "I help Dad." He knows his whole alphabet and all of the sounds that the letters make, but he refuses to sing the alphabet song. In fact he hates singing. He yells "stop Mom, stop" everytime I try to sing to him (although that could just be because I am an awful singer.) He loves the movies Cars and Monsters Inc. And he loves to read books and do puzzles. Dustin and I have been very blessed to have Elijah in our lives. He has brought amazing amounts of joy to my life and I feel like he helps me be a better person everyday.

3 comments:

Megan C. said...

Happy Birthday, Eli! We miss you!

I can't believe it's already been two years! It seems like he was just born.

Emily said...

Elijah is just as cute as can be.
I am so grateful to watch him grow on your blog.

Keena said...

Liz, I love how you keep us informed on your blog. Great Grandma Dexter, Krystal and I were all thinking about Eli yesterday on his birthday. We love all of you and wish we lived closer. Give Eli a big birthday kiss from all of us out here.