Sunday, January 18, 2009

Elijah Walking

Elijah starting walking for short distances without holding onto anything about a week before Christmas, and for the last two weeks he has gotten to be pretty steady on his feet. He still has a little bit of the "pirate peg leg walk", as Dustin calls it, going on. But overall he is doing really well with his balance. He has also figured out how to push and pull open doors while standing, it is almost like he sees them as a challenge, and that if they are not latched or locked then they are an open invitation. He even invited himself into our neighbor Lisa's apartment. She of course said that he was always invited, but still I was pretty embarrassed to have to chase my kid around her apartment.

2 comments:

Megan C. said...

I love that you're luring him with the remote control

Unknown said...

He's walking so well now. I was a little concerned when he was doing that pirate peg leg thing! Haha. By the way, I love him in that jogging suit!