Friday, October 31, 2008

Cold Days!

Yesterday morning Eli and I walked to visit Dustin in his office. It has been snowing on and off here for the last few days, and this morning was no exemption. So, being the great mom that I am, I wanted to make sure that Eli stayed warm. My sister Erin sent him this awesome winter coat, but it is about two sizes too big right now (no worries though Erin I am sure it will fit perfect by December.) It is the warmest coat he has though so I put it on him. It was hilarious! He cried and cried while I put it on him and then when he realized that he couldn't even put his arms down, let alone move them, he screamed. Once I had adjusted the straps on his stroller (to accommodate the extra fluff and puff) he resigned himself to stare at me with the above expression. It reminded me of the little brother in the snow suit on the movie A Christmas Story. He was not a happy kid at all. He didn't want me to hold him or anything for a good ten minutes or so after I let him out. I guess he was punishing me for making him wear his coat. He didn't get a cold though!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Eli does NOT look happy. Get used to it Mom, 'cause you'll be getting many, many looks like this over the years.

Unknown said...

Does he have the Tuggle death look down or what? To this day, Liz makes that exact same face! Never underestimate the power of the death look. I'm glad you are teaching him the important things in life.